Friday, April 22, 2011

The time is now


"Ask yourself whether the dream of heaven and greatness should be waiting for us in our graves - or whether it should be ours here and now and on this earth."
-Ayn Rand

I really love this quote. It's a reality we need to hear. Sometimes I find myself looking over everything God has called me to be - a leader, a teacher, an artist, an example and I tell myself that I'm not any of those things yet. I need more training. I need more practice. I need more experience. But what I am hearing God say more and more lately is this:

"You are a leader. You are a teacher. You are an artist. You are an example."

What I've been doing without even realizing it is looking for things I can do that will qualify me to accept what God says I am. Who am I to tell God that I am not what He said I am yet? No. If He is calling me to be something, I am exactly that! There is nothing in my own humanly power I can do that will make me more of what He says I am.

2 Corinthians 6:2 For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you." Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation.

God is in the midst of raising up an army. You will see Him moving if you open your eyes. Don't miss out on it. And thank God that when He says something, it's not up to you to fulfill it. It's already fulfilled. Walk in His promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment